Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Future Artists?

The past few days, Ethan and Ashton have been working hard on their entries for the Kentucky Kids Day T-Shirt contest.

Each year any student can turn in a design that, if chosen, would be screen printed onto a t-shirt that will be distributed to each child at the school. Then on "Kentucky Kids Day" each child will wear the t-shirt. The kids also wear these t-shirts when they go on field trips.

We have never turned in an entry before this year. I decided that we are going to be active participants this year. I emphasized to the boys that "doing their best" is all that is important in this contest. I could care less if their design is chosen or not. However, the competative person in me REALLY is hoping for a winning design!!

When trying to come up with their design, I asked Ethan what Kentucky is known for. That is where he got the idea to put a horse on his design.

Ashton, on the other hand, is a rocker at heart. His design is a perfect description of his personality.

The voting begins today. May the best boy (or girl) win!!!

Here are the boys with their designs.


4 comments:

Luke and Sondra said...

Great job guys!

Clay and Lisa said...

Wow, they both did a great job! I hope you have a winner.

Jensen said...

Seriously awesome! However, how much help did you give them . . . hmmm?? That looks way too good . . . LOL! Hope all goes well and one of them wins it!! Good luck:)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... those look really good! No wonder they won!