Following our golfing excursion we headed to the Kentucky State Capital for some mean hide-n-go-seek. This really is the perfect venue for that game. While the gang was playing their game, I was admiring the beauty of the building. The only thing I found odd was the spelling of Commonwealth of Kentvcky. I asked some passerby-er's why there was a "v" instead of a "u" in the spelling of Kentucky and they said that is the Roman spelling. Hello? Are we in Rome??? I told the "passerby-ers" that it makes people from Kentucky look dumb! The other thing that bugs me there is the minature sized American Flag. The Capital is much larger than a library, post office or bank therefore it should have a larger, more substantial flag. We ARE proud to be American's in Kentucky, right? Here are a few pictures of our beautiful Capital Building - wrong spelling and all!
 |
| I realize this isn't a very good photo, but you can tell here how small the flag is. |
 |
| The Governor's Mansion |
4 comments:
Those are great pics. Looks like a fun place. You're right, the flag is quite small for the size of the building.
HA HA!!! That spelling does make us look stupid! And the flag is WAY too small! But the photos are great! Glad you guys had a fun day! :)
The capital city of Kentucky is a cool place to visit; I enjoyed my visit back several summers ago.
What do you expect from Kentuckians. You better do some more research on the Kentvcky spelling it was probably a mispelling that they made up a story so those of us in Kentucky didn't look too dumb.
Post a Comment