Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh My!

So this past Sunday I received an email from our Bishop prior to church.  It was a forwarded message from our Stake President.  It wanted to let us know about a "special meeting" our Stake was having in lieu of regular Sunday meetings on February 6th.    We were also told that a General Authority from Salt Lake City would be present.  Oh, how exciting!!!

There has been quite a bit of chatter regarding what the "special meeting" may be about.  Is our Ward going to be split?  Are they going to re-align the Stake boundaries? . . .

Then on Monday, Matt got the (dreaded) call from the Stake Executive Secretary to ask if he could offer the Opening Prayer at the "special meeting".  Thank heavens they know that I would PASS OUT FLAT if they asked me!!  Of course, Matt said YES!

So this brings us to about 5 minutes ago when I received yet another email from our Bishop.  It was again, a forwarded message from our Stake President.  It was just letting us know that David A. Bednar will be presiding.

Poor Matt!

In case you are not LDS and are unfamiliar with who David A. Bednar is . . . he is a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  HERE is more info . . .

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

*Gasp* You are so lucky!!!!!!! I'm super jealous.

Sarah said...

Serious?? I guess you hicks need some real spiritual leading:) Good luck on the prayer Matthew:) You will have to blog about the meeting and let usknow what great instruction you were given.

stalker sarah said...

How awesome is that!?!? Let us know what happens! And there is no way I'd want to offer that prayer either! SCARY!

Jana said...

Wowsers!!! I would not want to be in Matt's shoes but really, what an honor! I'm sure he'll do a great job and is certainly up to the task! Keep us posted.

Carolyn said...

I don't even know what to say; what an honor. I'm guessing this isn't even a stake conference. Let us all know what happens and why. Maybe everyone is being called to repentance or else maybe your all too righteous and they want to know your secret or maybe your just getting a new stake president.