
Tonight Ethan is going to the Upbeat Cafe to share a Memoir he wrote in school. The owner of the cafe has a daughter in his class. All the other 2nd grade classes did their Memoir readings in their classroom. This is a special occassion to be able to do this on a stage at an off-site location. Here is what he will be reading:
Ethan Clayburn May 28, 2009
My Papa
My Papa always wore glasses. His hair was gray and he always wore a golf shirt. When I picture him in my mind, I see him helping me put on my boots. My Papa also wore shorts, shirts, and socks. When I think of him he is saying, “no bagel, no bagel, no bagel.”
One special memory with my Papa was when we went to the St. Louis Arch. We went to the top. I could see everything from the top of the arch. I could see houses, a swimming pool, train tracks, and even Busch Stadium. My family was with me up at the top. When we rode the elevator down it was kind of scary. It was shaped like an egg. When we got to the bottom there were a lot of people. I got lost but then my Papa found me. This memory is special to me because my Papa and I had so much fun together. Now when I see the St. Louis Arch it reminds me of him.
Another special memory with my Papa is when we went to ride a train. It looked like Thomas the Train. When we got on and sat down it went slow and then fast. We went through the woods. It was getting dark, but then we got back to where we started. We got off the train and got ice cream. It was good! Mine was vanilla. My Papa got chocolate. Finally, we went home and went to bed. I was very tired and so was my Papa. This memory is special to me because we got to ride a train together.
My Papa was so special to me because we had so much fun together. I admire my Papa because he always cheered me up whenever I was sad. He also taught me how to swim. I hope one day to have a good sense of humor like my Papa and to help my children learn to swim.
Enjoy!
Ethan Clayburn May 28, 2009
My Papa
My Papa always wore glasses. His hair was gray and he always wore a golf shirt. When I picture him in my mind, I see him helping me put on my boots. My Papa also wore shorts, shirts, and socks. When I think of him he is saying, “no bagel, no bagel, no bagel.”
One special memory with my Papa was when we went to the St. Louis Arch. We went to the top. I could see everything from the top of the arch. I could see houses, a swimming pool, train tracks, and even Busch Stadium. My family was with me up at the top. When we rode the elevator down it was kind of scary. It was shaped like an egg. When we got to the bottom there were a lot of people. I got lost but then my Papa found me. This memory is special to me because my Papa and I had so much fun together. Now when I see the St. Louis Arch it reminds me of him.
Another special memory with my Papa is when we went to ride a train. It looked like Thomas the Train. When we got on and sat down it went slow and then fast. We went through the woods. It was getting dark, but then we got back to where we started. We got off the train and got ice cream. It was good! Mine was vanilla. My Papa got chocolate. Finally, we went home and went to bed. I was very tired and so was my Papa. This memory is special to me because we got to ride a train together.
My Papa was so special to me because we had so much fun together. I admire my Papa because he always cheered me up whenever I was sad. He also taught me how to swim. I hope one day to have a good sense of humor like my Papa and to help my children learn to swim.
Enjoy!
Ethan with his 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Chenault










3 comments:
That is sweet!! He described him so well:) Good luck Ethan!
That was very good! Very well written! We are all proud of him! Oh and I Hope he had a great birthday-did he get a birthday cake??
Wow that's really neat. Tell Ethan I thought his memoir of his Papa was well written and his Papa would have been so proud of him.
Post a Comment