This morning while browsing on Facebook, I read the status of a very funny friend of mine. Many of you know her, Cindy Popp Smyly. Her status read, "Cameron used a word he heard from his daddy 2x this morning!"
This status reminded me of a time about 20 years ago when my younger brother was just a pup. Maybe 5 or so years old.
I can't remember all the details leading up to this, but I remember him being really mad about something. Then out of his little mouth he said, "I'm gonna say a bad word" then he paused, then he said it . . . . "Knife!" He was so serious when he said it. Like he was saying the worst word in the entire world. We laughed, and laughed and then laughed some more. To this day when I hear people say something about a "bad word" I wonder if they are thinking about saying "knife!"









4 comments:
That is AWESOME!!! I'm going to start using that! It's a great word and it's not so bad, right?!?!? That's a funny story! Thanks for sharing! :)
Ashton looks like him!
ha ha! my little brother- when he was little used to say, "What are you DEATH???" instead of deaf. Makes me laugh. Not a bad word, but a wrong choice of word.
"Knife" wouldn't that bad of a word for some kids to pick up on. In 2nd grade Isaac would come home from school and ask me what (basically what every word in the book meant). Seriously in 2nd grade. Knife would have been music to my ears.
We just read your post, and my 3 year old is sitting here next to me and saw your pictures and said, " OOOO, we don't play with knives that's bad, bad bad, bad."
Post a Comment