Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We Have a Wee-ner!

Today Ethan came home from school and informed me that his class WON the Box Top for Education contest for their school. His class donated over 2000 box tops. Ethan alone donated over 800!!! Since they won, their teacher is going to dye her hair BLUE, they get a PIZZA PARTY and his teacher gets a new COMPUTER for her classroom! Woohoo Mrs. Moore's 3rd grade class . . . and a BIGGER thank you to all that helped make this possible. A big shout out to Grandma N., Uncle Luke & Sondra, Uncle Matty & Karla, Aunt Sarah & Eric, our neighbors Judy & Ann, and our wonderful friend Jeannie!!! Here is a little exerpt from a note that Mrs. Moore emailed me the other day . . .

Thanks so much! You have been awesome about collecting these and sending them in! Tell your friends and family that helped thank you from me too! I wish I could meet them all and give them a big hug to show them how appreciative I am!

I haven't heard yet if Ethan gets anything special for being the highest donator, but he did receive another homework voucher, more recess time, lunch with teacher, more computer time, etc. to use before the end of the school year. He better hurry since school gets out SOON (June 9th!)

1 comment:

stalker sarah said...

How awesome is that? I'm pretty good about sending those in with Blake. But not EIGHT hundred good! ;) Go Ethan! :)