Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bengal Spottings in Georgetown!

Today I ventured out with the boys to Georgetown College to watch Day #1 of the Cincinnati Bengals Training Camp. We have wanted to do this since we moved here 4 years ago. We arrived about 1 hour early, got a primo seat and waited for the festivities to begin. I will admit I was very, very surprised how much I enjoyed it. I have always been a sports fan, of all sorts (except that dumb sport of soccer - sorry Yadon Babe) but not not necessarily a Bengals fan. I will, however, watch them a little closer this season. It doesn't hurt that T.O. joined the troops. With his addition, it should be a very fun and interesting year.

Overall, the boys were pretty good. They were a little bored at times - wanting to see touchdowns (and Ryan wanted to see Cheerleaders). I had to continue to explain this was a PRACTICE, not a real game. They were really cute/good when it was autograph time. They scored several (10-15) autographs a piece. All in all, a super night!!

Oh - the only bad part was . . . . the players were divided into 2 color jerseys. Black ones and white ones. Does anyone see where this is going???? I told the boys that we mainly wanted the white JERSEY players. They were T.O., Ochocinco, Palmer boys, etc. So anyway, Ashton kept yelling, "Mom, I want the white players autographs. Where are they?" I had to keep reminding him, you mean the white JERSEY players (as I was starring face to face with 300+ pound black football players).

Below are photos of the big night.












Kid in white is not mine even though he blends right in.







4 comments:

stalker sarah said...

I can't believe you don't like soccer! :):) It looks like you had tons of fun! I can't wait until we go (or I try to find a way to go)!!! I LOVE THE BENGALS! So I loved this post. Love looking at all the photos! :)

Sarah said...

Hey, that is cool that you went and got to do that. Yes, we too are excited to see ho T.O adds to the team...should be very interesting!!

Tye and April said...

Wow you guys that's pretty cool. Great memories and autographs-My kids would be yelling the same thing about the white guys. Watching world cup soccer we told Kyle we were rooting for the guys in the white jerseys. The whole game he's like I'm rooting for the white guys. The other team was Ghana. Good thing it was just us.

Carolyn said...

Looks like the kids had a great time and got lots of autographs. Dennis said he would have loved to have been able to do something like that when he was a little boy.