Today I received a phone call from Ashton's teacher. She asked if I have seen Ashton's elbow. My reply was "Nope". I was thinking she was going to say he had some funk growing on his elbow or something that cool. She then went on to say that he has a bruise starting at his elbow and it continued towards his wrist. They (several teachers) looked at it, felt it, smelled it (okay, maybe they DIDN'T smell it) and they thought it was broken. They said they felt a "knot" in it, noticed his hand was a little swollen and he said it really hurt. When they asked him what had happened he said that he fell while ice skating this weekend but didn't tell anyone. That is SO ASHTON!!
She said that the school nurse was due to arrive at the school within the next 30 minutes and after she looked at it she'd call me back. So I ANXIOUSLY waited for the phone call, expecting the worst. Well about an hour later the teacher called back to say that the nurse said we needed to take him to get x-rays. AWESOME!!
So I packed up Ryan and Brinley (she was home since her PM preschool was cancelled because of . . . . um . . . SNOW!!!) and we headed to the school. Since there was only 40 minutes left of school I pulled Ethan out too. So off to the E.R. with 4 children. Yikes! I would have liked Matt to meet us there to help with crowd control except he was in TEXAS, dang it!! We got to the hospital and loitered in the patient room and waited an eternity for doctor man to arrive. When he finally decided to see us I was in shock since I think he was only 18 or so? He looked at it and agreed he needed x-rays. So they swooped Ashton off to Radiology where they took 3 x-rays. About a trillion hours later (slight exaggeration, but only SLIGHT) Doogie Howser decided to come back to say the x-rays were negative. Phew! He just has a bad contusion (big word for bruise). He said to put ice on it and rest it. Oh ya, 8 year old boys know how to rest their right arm!! Ok doc, we will try! We survived. I'm still thinking we may have contracted some rare contagious disease, but so far, so good!! Well keep you posted! Oh, and this is the 2nd time in a month that we've taken Ashton to ER for x-rays. First time this month was on his FACE. I will eventually blog about that fun experience!!
Here are a couple of photos of the bruise
I realize he needs a haircut, but he said he doesn't want it cut until he is in 4th grade. He is currently in 2nd. Haha
Week In The Life™ 2026 | Sunday In Ali's Album
10 hours ago







7 comments:
I love how proud he looks! What a giant pain for your day!! That stuff always takes too long. Glad it's not broken.
That is a pretty fancy bruise! He does look pleased with himself! ;) Sorry you had to do that without your hubby. I'm sure it wasn't fun!
i left a comment!
Hey Matt - can you show a little more love next comment?
Good thing your kids have such wonderful parents to take care of them. I miss hearing these stories in person.
You should have called me. Having delt with broken arms before. I can tell you there is no way Ashton broke his arm and let it go that many days. If he broke his arm ice skating you would have known. The whole ice skating rink would have known. Glad he's o.k. and we have seen our fair share of Doogie Housers and does it really take 3 hours to get the results of an x-ray?
Poor Ashton:( but glad to hear it wasn't broken. I loved the pictures and video's of his experience at the ice skating rink on your last post. Can't wait to hear about his face ER experience.
Post a Comment