So back in early February 2011 Ethan had a bad case of the Sneezes. And Runny Nose. And Watery Eyes. And Cough. This is normal for him. Year Round. But THIS time I actually took him to the doctor since he had developed a beautiful red mustache from wiping his nose so much. I felt sorry for him.
So doctor said that since we have battled his allergy problems for so long we need to get down to the nitty gritty on his allergies. He ordered bloodwork. They took 3 viles of blood that day at the office. I almost passed out. Ethan rocked!
Several days later doctor's office called and said that his allergies were so bad that he needs to go to the pediatric allergist in CYNTHIANA. Hello? Could it be any more inconvenient????
On February 22nd we made our way to the pediatric allergist. They said they needed to prick his back. A lot! And then some more. Here is what he looked like.
So as you can probably see, Ethan was allergic to basically everything. Bummer! And since he was allergic to all the nuts they tested for, they wanted to do another blood test that day just to test for nuts. So off to the hospital we went for MORE bloodwork. Again Ethan rocked. I did not.
They determined he is allergic severely to all nuts, including peanuts. Lucky us. He also came up allergic to wheat and soy. Dude! What's the boy to eat???
Luckily we were able to take him off of wheat and soy for 2 weeks and then slowly re-introduce them back into his diet and nothing seemed to happen. Thank heavens. Worst two weeks of my life!!! Soy and wheat are in EVERYTHING!!!
Now Ethan gets 2 shots twice a week and is on a buttload of meds. The first trip to the pharmacist we forked out $130. And that was with excellent insurance. Yikes!!
He seems to be doing much better. The red mustache is gone and so are the gazillion daily sneezes!!


















3 comments:
Oh my goodness! That is terrible! Poor Ethan! But I'm so glad he's feeling better!!!
Oh my goodness!! Ethan's poor back! At least you know how to help him now. Poor kid!
That was crazy!! I loved the pictures!! I feel bad for poor Ethan...he was a trooper through it all.
Post a Comment