Friday, October 17, 2008

It was just a Matter of Time!



Today was a big day for Ashton. He first came home overjoyed because he received a "green day" at school. This meant he is able to attend the 2 birthday parties he is invited to tomorrow. (I really was going to let him go no matter what, but nothing wrong with a little bribery, right?) While walking home from the bus stop we were following along side the garbage truck. Nice smells for sure! Anyway, we scooted home and got there before the garbage truck. Ashton flew inside, washed his hands, got his snack then headed out the door for a little time on his bike before Matt came home for lunch. A few minutes later he runs in with a pile of bibles and yells, "Mom, look, the garbage man gave me all these Book of Mormons!" It was priceless. He was so excited. So I guess my neighbor down the street was throwing out bibles. Is that a little odd? Would you DARE throw away a Bible? Is it that hard to donate it to the Goodwill? So after he deposited the goods at home he decided to take another little spin on his bike. I was upstairs working on Sharing Time (imagine that!) and hear Ryan yell for help. I started running down stairs and could hear Ashton crying. I met him at the door where he was telling me he was hurt. I asked him where? I couldn't see anything wrong with him. He put his chin up and Voila! A yucky, scraped up chin. I let a little scream and ran him to the kitchen to put wet paper towels on it. I called Matt and said "you may want to hurry up and get here. I think we need to head to the Urgent Treatment Center." A few minutes later Matt arrived and said "Yep, we need to go to the Clinic." Once the Doctor saw Ashton's chin she gave us 4 options. Stitch up his chin, put steri-strips on it, put Dermibond on it, or leave it alone. We opted for option #3, Dermibond. After cleaning it real good, trimming off the exposed FAT, she glued him back together. He was a super trooper. Very minimal crying. The only tears (besides at the time of impact) was when they were cleaning it. He didn't mind the other part. Of course after we returned home he was back on the bike! I've included a photo of the "injury" and a photo of how accomidating he was trying to get a picture of the "injury".

5 comments:

Clay and Lisa said...

What a trooper, I had no idea you had so much excitment yesterday.

Sarah said...

YOu did the right thing, take him to the Urgent care and let them do what they can! What a trooper! I can't believe they didn't put the numbing cream on his chin-so when they cleaned it he would't have felt a thing.

Marsh Family said...

Yikes! Bless his heart! You know that hurt like the dickens. Wish we could have made it to Donaven's b-day party...we were in Owenton and didn't get back until 9:30 Saturday night. Hope you guys had a good time (despite the injuries!)

Arien said...

Yikes! That's the kind of pretty stuff that Sterling gets to fix. Consider yourself tagged. Check my blog for details. Hope you are feeling better.

Tye and April said...

I would have opted for the ster-strips. That way you get to keep the extras so next time you avoid a trip to the urgent care and just fix the kid yourself. We got extra steri-strips with Emily and I am so excited for the next injury.