Sunday, November 23, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is My 2 Front Teeth?

Today while Matt and I (mostly Matt) were cleaning up the kitchen we heard a large bang following by horrible crying. We walked around our kitchen counter to see Brinley on the ground with my Sizzix Big Shot on her face. She had pulled it down on top of her and it hit her right in the mouth. Here is a link to the Big Shot. You will notice it weighs 12 pounds!!

Click HERE to view the Big Shot die cut machine.

So after Matt checked her out we think she may be okay? A little blood around her 2 front teeth and a very scared face is the damage. I think 1 of her teeth may be loose, but Matt doesn't think so.

I just don't want my cute little 2 year old to have missing front teeth this early in life. Some of you may remember when Ethan knocked out 1 of his front teeth when he was 3. It took YEARS for the new tooth to come in.

I was too traumatized to take a picture of the "incident". I will keep you posted! I guess it won't be too bad if her tooth/teeth fall out . . . we do live in Kentucky now!!!

Thank you Tami for helping me insert a link!

6 comments:

Tamara said...

So sorry to hear that. Hope her teeth hold up.

BTW, to post a link using blogger, highlight the text you want to be the link, then click on the icon that has a chain on it (link--get it?)

Here's a URL to see a pic of a big shot: http://www.sizzix.com/categories/Big+Shot+Machine

That would sure hurt to get that right in the face.

Jana said...

Just so you know, JJ lost a tooth when he was 11 months old and there was a huge gaping hole for like FOREVER! It did grow back in and life was all good, but oh, so painful whenever I would think about it - painful for me, not him.

Not to take away from the Brin but I hope the sizzix thing is okay.

Clay and Lisa said...

I hope it is not loose, or hopefully it will tighten up. On the bright side she would fit in, and be a true Kentuckian.

Jackson Family said...

Even if it is loose it will more than likely tighten up. My niece's teeth did that. She fell split her lip and loosened her front teeth. They tightened up after a while and she was non the worse for wear. Poor Brinley... wanting to use Mommy's scapping toys at such an early age. I'm glad it wasn't any worse though.

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, poor Brinley! That's a miracle that she wasn't hurt worse than she was. You must've been so scared when that happened. I hope she's doing okay. Speaking of having a tooth knocked loose, that reminds me of when Jaden lost one of his front teeth when Allie punched him in the face. Good times!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Make sure she does not eat any really hard foods. It should tighten up in time. Over the next months/years check occasionally her gums above the tooth to make sure there is no swelling or redness which would indicate an abcess and she would need to see the dentist. Her tooth may also turn dark which would make the abcess more likely. But she should be just fine. "Dr. Livingston" I presume.