... and I'm not talking about the weather!
Several years ago while living in Utah, we took Ethan to an allergist because he coughed all the time. The allergist took xrays of Ethans face and determined that he had sinusitis. He took a round of antibiotics and we had a follow up visit. When they took his xrays this time they noticed both sinuses were still completely blocked. So another round of antibiotics he took. So for our next follow up they again took xrays, only to find that only 1/2 of one sinus cavitie was clear. The allergist said that Ethan suffers from chronic sinusitis and there isn't much they can do. Deal with it, I guess.
This leads us to today . . .
Once again, like every Spring, Ethan has been coughing, coughing and coughing. He has continued to participate on all regular activities and duties. No big deal! Today he had a playdate at a friends house. After he'd been there a while, the dad called to let us know that Ethan had been coughing a lot. We chatted with Ethan on the phone and asked if he wanted us to come and get him. Of course, his reply was I am fine, I want to stay. So he did!
Later in the day, after we'd picked him up I told Matt that I felt we needed to take him to the Urgent Care Center to see if they could prescribe him something for this darn cough. I didn't feel like hearing it all night (AGAIN!)
So off to the UTC - and to make a long story a tad bit shorter . . .
Ethan has WALKING PNEUMONIA!!! Dang! Luckily it isn't contageous and he didn't contaminate the other children today! So he is on another round of antibiotics and cough medicine.
So in the past 10 days:
Ethan - Doctor visit, 1 prescription
Urgent Care Center, 2 prescriptions
Ryan - Urgent Care Center, 1 prescription
Brinley - Call to the Doctor, 1 prescription
All kids - call to the doctor - all on prescription allergy pills.
$100+ dollars later . . . . Ugh!
Will it ever end!!!!!
Week In The Life™ 2026 | Sunday In Ali's Album
10 hours ago







3 comments:
No it never ends. And you will find yourself with a 14 year old son whom you have to take in for weekly allergy shots ......which will last for 4-5 years so that he can go on a mission and hopefully be allergy-free.
That is not fun!! Hopefully, next week will get better!!
Welcome to the Clayburn gene-I think. Get Ethan on a nasal spray like nasonex or something. The only thing that helped Emily's cough was the nasal spray plus Advair. She would get coughs that would last for months and just drive me crazy. She coulddn't go 2 minutes without coughing. After phnumonia 3 times we got serious with the allergy meds. It can get better. We have had a very mild allergy season with her. Knock on Wood. Give me a call we'll talk meds.
Post a Comment