
June 17, 1927 - June 4, 2010
Today Matt's Grandpa Clayburn passed away. We are sad. Very sad. We loved him . . . A LOT! He was the last of our living Grandpa's.
Thoughts of Grandpa . . .
* I first met Grandpa Clayburn in Branson, MO back in 1996 when Matt and I were dating. He came out of no where and started tackling Matt in a mall. He scared me half to death. He was funny!
* He, Grandma and Uncle Doyle drove from SLC to STL for our Temple Sealing. That meant A LOT!
* When we moved to Utah in 2004 we were able to see Grandma and Grandpa a lot. They invited us over to their home in Rose Park often - made us feel like we had the cutest kids alive, let them be kids in their home/yard and acted like life stopped while we were there. They made us feel welcomed & loved EVERY single time.
* They also drove up to our home in Ogden several times. They made time for us!
* They enjoyed taking us out to dinner.
* We enjoyed taking them out for ice cream.
* We bought Grandpa some cowboy boots and he was cute in them!
* Matt & I went to Utah in 2001 when Ethan was about 3 months old. While there we hooked up with Grandma and Grandpa. While driving with them on I-15 I suddenly had to go to the bathroom REALLY, REALLY bad. Matt informed Grandpa of the emergency and Grandpa floored it to 90 mph to the nearest 7-11. I will NEVER forget that ride!
* He played a mean harmonica and keyboard.
* His laugh was funny.
* Grandpa emailed us every couple of months. This was a man in his 80's who had just bought his first computer so he could do his calling as Ward Clerk better.
* He cared about us and let us know it.
* Grandpa invited me to be his friend on Facebook. He didn't comment a lot, but did periodically. He was cool!
* Even though he wasn't MY biological grandpa, I felt like I was HIS biological granddaughter.
* Even though he wasn't MY biological grandpa, I felt like I was HIS biological granddaughter.
Miss you Grandpa. You were one of the bestest!! We love you!














1 comment:
So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful post in remembrance of him! Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment