While blog stalking today, I came across this post from http://murrayandmathews.blogspot.com/. I thought what she wrote was excellent advise. She writes:
If you have a planned surgery or having a baby, you should plan accordingly and stock your freezer full of meals for your family. It's a different scenario of course for emergency illnesses. Somehow, we need to re-educate people to be self-reliant and pre-plan for when you are ill. Freezer meals are an excellent way to take care of your family when you are unable cook dinner - everyone should check it out.
Freezer recipes from One Crazy Cookie here.
Freezer recipes from Mom's Budget here. She also has basic information on Freezer Cooking here.
I found a great link to a book - but she also provided lots of recipes. The Cream Cheese Chicken recipe I made last week was one of the recipes she listed. The book is called 30 meals in one day and at this link she provides many free recipes.
There are many great sites and ideas out in blog land. Here are just a few to help you plan to be self-reliant, save money and time at the same time.
She pretty much gives you all the info you need to begin. What a wonderful way to eat healthy, save time, save money, and Follow the Prophet by becoming more self-reliant!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I LOVE freezer meals! A couple gals in the ward here do a freezer meal swap. Which is a great idea and a way to get more meals! If you all make 4 or 5 of each meal and swap with 4 or 5 people! It's awesome! Thanks for the tips!!!
Amen to this; women know for 9 months they are going to have a baby, no excuse for not having something in the freezer. Oh did I just walk all over the RS sisters good intentions; sorry.
You said it mom. And what is with people having family over when you bring your meal to them. Shouldn't the family be the one to cook the meal-isn't that why they are there? The last 3 meals I took to people had other family with them-oops I didn't make enough for them.
Post a Comment