Monday, March 9, 2009

Custom Sidewalk, Anyone?

Today I had the best laugh, unfortunately at my neighbors expense. You see the city has been redoing sections of our sidewalk since there were several places that were unlevel. So the past few days they have been digging up the old sidewalk, pouring rocks in, etc. Well today was the day to pour the concrete. They put yellow caution tape around the areas, but it wasn't very secure.

We actually came home today as they were pouring the cement. I didn't think much about it other than wishing I could put my handprint in the wet cement or put Amy + Matt 2009 or something else quirky like that. So I took the kids inside (the 2 that were home) and went on with our business. About 10 minutes later my next door neighbor called me in a panic.

Neighbor: "Amy, did you see what my daughter just did?"

Me: "No, what did she do?"

Neighbor: "She walked all over the new sidewalk"

Me: "Let me look out my window and see"

Me: "Oh my gosh, what are you going to do?"

Neighbor: "I don't know . . . I don't have money to pay for them to fix this"

Me: "Call Randy (home builder fix it man) and tell him to send the crew back over"

Neighbor: "Okay, bye!"

So after I hung up the phone I couldn't stop laughing. I called her back and said, "You need to take some pictures. In about a year you will think this was really funny".

She wouldn't - she was still a little mortified, so I did.

Anyway, the people came back, the little girl apologized to the workers and made them lemonade and all is well.

P.S. Sorry neighbor but I am still laughing!



4 comments:

Jana said...

Oh I wish I was your neighbor so we could have wet our pants laughing at the other neighbor. I think she would like me but maybe not the two of us laughing at her.

This is hilarious. MJ will laugh too. Make sure she sees it.

Tye and April said...

That is so funny! I am so glad you took pictures.

Clay and Lisa said...

That is so too funny. I like how she really enjoyed it and did not stop after the first step or two.

Kristi said...

Hilarious!