Here are some tidbits of the "World's Longest Yardsale". It goes from Hudsen, Michigan to (drum roll please) Gadsden, Alabama. That equals 675 miles - some of which are in Kentucky!!! We drove up to Owenton (my new favorite place, remember?) then back down to Frankfort. We purchased very, very little. Matt thinks that a giant garbage truck needs to start at one end of 127 (the road's name) and not stop until it reaches the end. However, they would need about 2 billion garbage trucks!
Some of the items we saw today . . .
- one house had at least 15 viewmasters and about 100 viewmaster reels
- more betty boop items than you'd ever want to see
- about 2 million bicycles from pre-1900 (it seemed)
- a tin cannister of marbles marked at $25 (they appeared to be the SAME EXACT marbles you can pick up at Walmart for ummmmm ONE DOLLAR)
- enough glassware to make your head spin
- stuffed animals - REAL and fake ones
- books that look like barely survived the flood of '93
- Gigantic bull horns - like Boss Hogg's on top his caddy (upon proofreading, Matt informed me that he thinks the "bull horns" were really elephant tusks. Whatever they were - who would want them??
- Lots, and lots of rusty items.
I'm sure there was a lot of fabulous finds - just not at the ones we went to. It was mostly nasty, smoke smelly, super dooper old TRASH! The craziest thing though, was, we couldn't stop checking out the next one thinking it had to be better than the last one. We were always WRONG!
Here are some pictures of the MADNESS.Oh - and for more information check HERE.







4 comments:
My first thought was "OH! Amy's found her paradise!" But, maybe not! But seriously, how fun - even if it was junk. Sometimes the adventure of it is better than the bargains! If you ever see a stuffed armadillo, I want it! (Now, I know there will be a stuffed armadillo on my doorstep next week becasue seriously, when have you ever failed me in the garage sale department!)
And, you'll be happy to know that I have made almost $150 off of Craigslist this past week on our trampoline, car top carrier, doll beds, broken Karaoke machine, and art easel. I think I may have transfered my love of Garage Sales to Craigslist!
I've heard about these types of garage sales, but now I've seen proof of their actual existence.
That is crazy! I don't think I could handle that! I do like a good yard sale, but that is a bit much! That being said, it would def. be interesting to do at least ONCE in your life! ;)
We totally heard about that huge junk, I mean garage sale on the news the other night. Can't believe you got to experience it.
Post a Comment